Friday, January 22, 2010

House Warming Party

Jason and I thought a housewarming party would be a great way to meet our neighbors and church family. We had a great time meeting people and visiting. We feel that this is not our home, it is God's, and want others to know they are always welcome! Our new home is a dream, I didn't know would come true so quickly after seminary. One day, I may write more about closing day, but today is not the day. We had the housewarming the first Saturday of October, it was a beautiful day. My mom even flew down from Kansas for the event! She helped me prepared the place, set up the kitchen, and gave tours of the house so I could rest :). I have a good mama. Amy (J's sister) took a ton of pictures for me and helped me out as well, shes a great sis in law and I'm lucky to have her! My dad was unable to come, and so were J's parents and sister Amber, but his Grandmother and Aunt Gail were able to come. It was so great to see everyone.

To prepare for the housewarming took a lot of work! After closing at the end of August, my parents came down and helped us pick out paint, curtains and a few extra things. We then began the process of painting the entire house. Now, the house had newly painted walls and new carpet, but the walls were a bluish white (kind of like the hair color some older ladies have). I was tired of white walls, I wanted a warmer color. So I chose warm caramel for all over the house, besides the kitchen, which I chose an olive color. I think they turned out great. Rodney came down and he and I painted the guest room and the master bedroom, then the following Saturday, Jason (he was unable to help due to work), Lynn, Amber, Amy, and Cliff and Angie Walker came to join us. We are incredibly thankful for everyones help! In about 5 days, my house looked transformed. Then before the party, Jason spent his day off, helping me get pictures, mirrors, accessories out throughout the house. I think he's pretty great!

So all to say, it took a lot of preparation to get the house ready, and I think it turned out pretty good! Here are some pics to show ya'll.


Our New Home!


Front door, J put in a new floor for entrance.


Awww, My Chair :)


My favorite furniture, from my brother and sis n law :).


My new Kitchen :)


My mama helping!

Down the hallway, we had plastic down b/c of new WHITE carpet.



Our bedroom, its so big!


Guest room.


Office

1 comments:

Denise Lauren said...

your home is so cute!