Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Going Home! (and other Curry News :) )

On Thursday Jason and I will be flying at 6:55 a.m. to go see my Family for Easter and my Dad's b-day. He will be 57 years old, this shocks me a little. I do call him "Old Man" without realizing he is becoming older :(. We are hoping to get to go see my Grandparents and my new little cousin Ally on this trip, Christmas Break was a true lazy time for Jason and I, we didn't go anywhere, and personally it was wonderful.

Personal news, I went to the Rheumotologist on Tuesday (a week ago) and it is official that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was not the best news of my life, but it has challenged me to change my lifestyle as in Health. We will be starting a new diet this summer, the GI Diet. Why so late and not now? Well with the grocery game we have some food that we need to eat up first. I will still be able to use the GG, but some things like my dear husbands taquitos (Jason dont cry while reading this) will no longer be something we buy or the cheap tostitos pizza rolls. But the doctor put me on meds that I hope will work soon, the only downfall is I have to get bloodwork done every two months to ensure my liver and bloodcount (found out I'm anemic) are ok.

Good news for Jason. After this summer Jason is done w/classes and he graduates in December!!! I am so incredibly proud of that man, he is working so hard. Currently he is applying for the Ph.D. which your prayers for that are very needed. His health has been so so as well, please just pray for us :).

I am so excited to get to go home so soon again! I will hopefully get to play w/my neice :). I get to watch KU Basketball w/my Dad which I know he is excited about :), and possibly shop with Mom. I will see Lance and Elizabeth Sunday at the Airport when they are getting back from California and I am unsure if I will see my other brother and his wife. And I will let Jason watch History Channel andDiscovery Science--- MythBusters :).

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter celebrating Jesus's Life!

Blessings,

Tonya :)

0 comments: