Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the one and only.....JASON!

Ok, My first try at this blob, I mean blog thing.

I hope all know that I am finishing up my Seminary Masters degree this December, Very important for everyone to know this. I hope to be serving in a church soon, in the capacity of Minister of… have absolutely no clue. God has always called me in steps, never revealing what is next until His perfect timing comes about. I pray that He moves in our life in this manner soon. I am looking forward to serving the Lord doing what I hope He has been preparing me for.

Tonya’s Work, I think, is going great. I do have to continually remind her that she is talented, capable of making good grades, the best cook a man could have, good looking woman. She also as if that was not enough has a great deal of potential to serve God in ministry. I would not have made it where I am without her, God planned her to work in my life the way she has. She is my help mate. So it has now passed to me to be her help mate. So her studying habits still need working on. The one thing about trying to get her to study, I love her cleaning the house, love it, love it. (this means I do not have to clean) But she has been cleaning the house to “get out” of doing school work, see my problem. On the one hand: I am a selfish man, I don’t want to clean the house. On the other hand: I know she needs to study so I want her to leave it to me. So if you see her, tell her “read every chance you get, let the Husband do the cleaning”.
Glad that was said.

Well in other news. My Bro. in-law has mono, if anyone remembers or cared I had mono last year and I felt for the guy. He had a chance to possibly get a job but he had conflicts getting to the interviews because of… you guessed it mono. God must have something better for him because he has not been able to get back with them and they essentially have moved on. We talked on the phone for about 15-20min I shared some groans and moans of my experience with mono. And tried to encourage him with wise words like: “don’t worry you’ll feel better in 2 or 3 weeks.” “Only exhaustion awaits you after the aches and pains go away.” Make sure you spray disinfectant after you’ve used something.” “Hand sanitizer will help people not fear your disease.” Get the idea, the guy still said thanks like I had actually given him hope that this will go away. I still get exhausted abnormally after a days work. I wish that could improve, but it seems that I must feel tired more than usual a bit longer.

My sister Amy got a job this week after visiting with one of my teacher, Dr. Marcia McQuitty, about Amy looking into children’s ministry studies. I had no idea of what would happen for Amy this week but Monday morning she met with Dr. McQuitty, I took her over to the Day Care center on campus, and left her getting an interview with the boss. She got a job that day, on the spot, and started the next day. All on a Monday. God does some things when we least expect and most of the time when we quit looking for it to happen. This was an answered prayer. She is applying for seminary now and we hope that she will get in with no problems or hold ups. She going to pursue a Masters in Christian Education in Children’s ministry.

I will leave you with a thought I have had for a couple of days now. I wish that ya’ll, could appreciate the art of listening to scripture, or hear it the way I do. Not that I have the marked on it or something like that. Just strictly for conversation reasons. I listened to first and second Samuel. I find myself just amazed by Samuels words to Saul. God will choose for himself one after his own heart. (1 Samuel) when referring to David I know not one man that could say he was better than him. My hope is that just like I did, you could hear that we are all after God’s own heart, adopted children that God chose himself. Listening to David’s life anew and hear all his struggles, victories, sins, joys, and sorrows, this man chosen by God, helps to give me courage, hope, and assurance of his love and power in me to do whatever He has for us in our future. My prayer is that He shows you that you’re His child and if you become president, get a doctorate, become homeless, get it all or lose it all, you still never lose that standing. You’re a child of God that is the least you or I will ever be. You are a child of God that is also the greatest you and I will ever be. No matter what, we are His children.

In Christ,Jason Curry

0 comments: