Wednesday, April 2, 2008

When Life gives you a Lemon.... and you want to throw it back at it instead of make lemonade

Sometimes life can be frustrating. Right now mine is. I found out about 3 weeks ago that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Well I started taking a drug called Methotrexate, its a drug that you take once a week in big doses, the first week I took 4 pills and the 2nd I took 5, then the third I was suppose to start taking 6 pills. Well after the dose of 5 the Monday night after I started feeling ill, and then on Tuesday I did a half a day at work and missed a full day on Wednesday. I looked at the side effects of the medicine and it was from it, so I called the doctor and they told me to stop taking it until I could see them. So I went yesterday to see the Physicians Assistant, who sat with me and discussed with me in more detail about the "disease" I now have. I did not know the severity of Rheumatoid, I now know. I did not know the importance of a very strict "keep on the medicine and don't' forget". I didn't know that untreated you can have deformities in your hands and feet which explains why my left pinky doesn't like to bend right. I also found out that the drug I will be taking is basically like taking the "morning after pill", it aborts babies or if I do get pregnant and the baby survives it could seriously harm the baby. In three months I will start taking a new medicine along with the methotrexate. So in 3 months I will be dependent on 4 medications, and that is something I never wanted for myself. The news that made me want to "throw lemons" was that its a severe case, as from what I read and remember from the test a 80 or higher shows you have it, mine was 216. They did another test and it was high as well. So right now you could say I'm pretty down about it, I know I'll get through and there are a lot of people who are in a lot worse situations than me. But you know when you are going through something life changing no matter what its hard. So I ask for your prayers as I go through this, I ask for prayers that the diet I am trying to be on continues and that I have the "will power" I need, also that I continue to work out on the treadmill and begin water aerobics. Pray for Jason as he will be helping me through this, having no clue what I'm going through.

Well that's it, even though I would like to throw lemons...... with God giving me strength and family that loves me, I know that I will make some pretty good tastin Lemonade :).

0 comments: